from BARDO

The stars are in our belly; the Milky Way our umbilicus.

Is it a consolation that the stuff of which we’re made

is star-stuff too?


– That wherever you go you can never fully disappear –

dispersal only: carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen.


Tree, rain, coal, glow-worm, horse, gnat, rock.


Roselle Angwin

Tuesday 28 November 2017

Proper Poetry #6

Today's Tuesday Proper Poem is actually two. Thank you, Kerry Priest and Veronica Aaronson.

These two, of course, are takes on William Carlos William's playful* poem THIS IS JUST TO SAY.

*
(or angry-making, depending on your viewpoint – on my online poetry course there's an enormous range of responses to this poem)**



THIS IS JUST TO SAY

I ate the 
plums
in your
ice-box

and the

Müller
fruit corner

but I'm
going to Lidl's
later.


Kerry Priest



This Is Just To Say

I have taken
the ten dollar bill
that you had put in
your wallet

and which 
you were probably 
saving
for Friday night

Forgive me
I'll be back
soon with
more plums 


Veronica Aaronson



 ** the poems on Proper Poetry Tuesdays are not representative of the work created on my course. Instead we focus on Improper Poems.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive