from BARDO

The stars are in our belly; the Milky Way our umbilicus.

Is it a consolation that the stuff of which we’re made

is star-stuff too?


– That wherever you go you can never fully disappear –

dispersal only: carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen.


Tree, rain, coal, glow-worm, horse, gnat, rock.


Roselle Angwin

Tuesday 7 October 2014

a new 'q&a' poem

Some of you will remember that a few weeks ago or so I posted an exercise that I'd used with my regular Two Rivers poetry group; one based on questions and left-field answers. (Actually, I see it was 3 months ago!) http://roselle-angwin.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/poetry-q-a.html

It prompted a few responses, and I posted them here. Seems it's still tickling people's imaginations.

Here's a contribution from one of my monthly group members, poet, painter and printmaker:


7 obscure questions and the answers

Why did you first get involved?
To unlock my wrists.

Why is the sea getting bigger?
Because all the people I knew as children
are coming in on a fresh tide.

Why do they drift through the sea
in a boat made of stars?
Because they’re uncomplicated and untainted.

Why pick a summer evening?
Because I am trying to control my grief.

How do we open up the flow of hope?
My children are arrows from my bow
but they journey to free me.

Why must I rehearse sounds in the dark?
Because I am alone in a cave
and no one can hear me.

Why did you get involved?
To unlock my wrists.

 Mary Gillett


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive