Barn owl draws night across the quartered field.
The stars are in our belly; the Milky Way our umbilicus.
Is it a consolation that the stuff of which we’re made
is star-stuff too?
– That wherever you go you can never fully disappear –
dispersal only: carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen.
Tree, rain, coal, glow-worm, horse, gnat, rock.
- ► 2016 (88)
- ► 2015 (78)
- ► 2014 (123)
- samhain + poem fragment
- autumn rain, dusk
- wherever you go... being awake
- reindeer's piss & fly agaric
- poetry: tracking a wild animal
- hunter-gatherer & settler part 2: the emergence of...
- the nomad & the settler: foraging & harvesting; th...
- seals at Sennen
- what am I meditating for?
- back on the badger trail
- national poetry day
- images of the soul: the branscombe day
- ▼ October (15)
- ► 2012 (199)
- ► 2011 (284)