I’ve listed the workshops under weekly sessions, day courses, residentials and correspondence courses. I’ve postponed the two scheduled for late November and early December this year (see bottom) because of a family bereavement; they’ll be rescheduled for some time next year. Please keep an eye on the website – address below – as I’ll be updating it frequently as new events are scheduled. All details should be there soon (use the drop-down menus).
You’ll see too my radio slot; and at the bottom a book offer.
- I’m the guest on Aune Head Arts Wordquest programme on Soundart Radio, 10am Thursday 15 December. I believe it will be available afterwards on <http://www.auneheadarts.org.uk/site/projects/wordquest/downloads_podcasts.html>
- Poetry School I’ve been working with a wonderful and dynamic group of poets in Exeter, Devon on a Monday night this term. You can sign up for the new 10-week term in January (beg. 9th, 7-9pm) at www.poetryschool.com, or tel: 0207 582 1679. The group is a mix of new and experienced poets, and we base our sessions on the Staying Alive anthology. Do join us!
- Ground of Being on Dartmoor at Merrivale, solstices and equinoxes: these happen (assuming I’m not iced-in!) 4 times a year all day on a Sunday. We walk and write slowly and in silence under my guidance, share some of this writing, and go out no matter what the weather. Next two: December 18; March 18. Bookings needed asap! See website
- Thresholds the 19th year of this course! Writing as a tool to explore what your creative heart and your soul need for the coming year: how have you been treating this wild and precious life? Nr Totnes; Saturday 21 January (again, ice permitting). Details on website soon
- Poetry Walk come and walk round Hope Cove and Bolt Tail with me for the local AONB, and then write bright moments from it... Sunday March 25, 1pm-4.30pm – only £4 (£2 children). Book with me but see more on www.southdevonaonb.org.uk
- Islands of the Heart Isle of Iona, April: this retreat is now full with a waiting list. I’m considering an eco-writing retreat later in the year on Iona or Mull; we might be ‘roughing it’ a little more than we do at the wonderful Argyll Hotel; if so, it will also be cheaper. Please let me know if you’re interested
- Zen & Poetry I’m intending to offer this again as a weekend residential at the lovely Barefoot Barn in Chagford on Dartmoor in May. Details soon
- I am considering some creative writing courses aboard a yacht in Cornwall. More soon
- Elements of Poetry 6 I’m inviting applications now for January-July 2012. This 6-month intensive course has been widely acclaimed.
- Storymaking (writing a novel) this too is a six-month course, and you can sign up at any time.
- Between now and the solstice, 21 December: Buy any two of Creative Novel Writing, Writing the Bright Moment, Imago (my novel) and Bardo (poems and prose poems), from me direct for £12 plus £3 p&p (UK); or 25% off a single book plus £2 p&p...
- And look out for my new poetry collection, All the Missing Names of Love, from IDP next year.
Facebook: Roselle Angwin
IMAGO (novel, http://www.indigodreamsbookshop.com/#/roselle-angwin/4548104337)
BARDO (prose poems, http://www.shearsman.com/pages/books/catalog/2011/angwin.html)
‘In a dark time the eye begins to see’: the healing power of writing, Sunday 20 November, nr Totnes POSTPONED
‘If no one speaks of remarkable things’: writing about being alive, Sunday 11 December, nr Totnes POSTPONED